EXCURSION TO THE HANSENS’ HOUSE
Photo by Wojtek Radwański
Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw invites you to a neighbourly guided tour of Zofia and Oskar Hansen's house in Szumin. You will be guided by a Szuminian, Mrs. Wanda Chróścicka.
An additional attraction of this year's visit to Szumin will be an exhibition prepared by the son of the architect couple, Igor Hansen, showing photographs from their first studio on Sędziowska Street and four unknown paintings by the Hansens.
The small house, under the care of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, is a spatial manifesto of the Open Form, which was at the centre of Hansen’s architecture, artistic, and didactic work. The unique atmosphere of the house stems from traces of activities and passion of its inhabitants, such as didactic instruments used for learning the fundamentals of composition; a steel structure from the 1977 Venice Bienniale, covered in grapevine; and a wooden dovecote, which, as Zofia Hansen half-jokingly claimed, was the perfect work of her husband.
The House is the only Polish building on the prestigious Iconic Houses Network.
Please read the following tour rules:
- You can visit the House individually or in small groups (no more than 15 visitors at a time).
- You need to get there on your own (suggested journey: train from Warszawa Wileńska to Łochów, then bike).
- Admission fee is PLN 40.00, concessions: PLN 30.00.
- Visiting the house is payable, requires prior purchase of tickets on the Museum website: artmuseum.pl (limited number of tickets).
- Tickets are available for sale online and at the ticket office of the Museum on the Vistula 5 days before the event
- By signing up and participating in the trip, you accept the Rules and Regulations of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, where detailed booking terms and conditions are provided.