Bus trip to the house of Zofia and Oskar Hansen
The House of Zofia and Oskar Hansen in Szumin is opening its doors to the public again this spring.
The House, a medium-sized structure currently under the conservatorship of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, is a functional manifesto of the Open Form in three dimensions. The Open Form is a theory that permeated Hansen’s work – across architecture, art and teaching.
The season 2019 in Szumin is devoted to the study of the mezo scale, in which Oscar and Zofia Hansen saw the opportunity to establish relations with the immediate surroundings: their neighbors, the countryside, and the surrounding nature.
Due to the limited number of places, subscriptions are required. The maximum number of participants is 19 people, the order of applications applies. Persons under the age of 18 may participate in the trip only under adult supervision. Departure by bus from Warsaw at 10 AM, return around 5 PM.
When booking a place via the form, only one person can be registered. Full contact details (phone number and e-mail address) are required.
Entries are valid through the form below.
Details about entries and tours are available in the Trip Rules tab.
By signing up and taking part in the trip, you accept the Regulations for Visiting the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw. Regulations define detailed rules for booking and purchasing tickets.
Visitor Terms of Agreement of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw (PDF)
The application form has been hidden.
- The house can be toured in small groups (max 19 people), however there can only be nine people indoors at a time due to conservational issues.
- Visitors must first reserve a place on the tour via the form on the museum website and pay the fee. Tours are arranged on a first-come, first-served basis.
The fee differs according to: tour type, choice of transportation and discounts (youth/senior). Visitors also have the possibility of paying a reduced fee by travelling to the site on their own.
- tour/own transport (car/bicycle) – regular ticket: 20 PLN, discounted ticket: 10 PLN
- tour/organized transport – regular ticket: 50 PLN, discounted ticket: 30 PLN
- The fee can be paid by bank transfer or in person at the museum’s main desk. More details about payment can be obtained by contacting the museum.
- The reservation form will be available online each Monday at 12:00 PM, two weeks prior to each field trip.
- Each visitor requesting organized transport must fill in their own registration form, providing their contact details (phone and email). Filling in more than one person on a single form will result in the cancellation of the Reservation.
- Visitors travelling on their own can include up to five people in their reservation, but only type of transportation. Visitors must provide their contact details (phone, email).
- An email confirmation from the museum is necessary to validate the reservation.
- Any person on the waiting list will be informed of any free slots as soon as they become available.
- Transport organized by the museum includes transport to Szumin from Warsaw and back, a guided tour, emergency insurance and warm drinks. The whole trip lasts about seven hours (from 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM).
- Each season, the museum offers at least one guided tour in Polish Sign Language with audio-description.
- Visitors filling in the Reservation form thereby agree to the Visitor Terms of Agreement of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, which describes in detail the terms of the reservation and purchasing of tickets.