Excursion to Hansens' Summer House
photo by Bartosz Stawiarski, 2016
The House of Zofia and Oskar Hansen in Szumin, the most complete incarnation of the idea of an Open Form, is open to visitors during the cycle of excursions organized by the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw.
Due to space limitations it is necessary to book the trip. The maximum number of participants is 16, tickets will be available on a first come, first served basis. Underage participants may take part in the excursion with an adult care-taker. The trip leaves Warsaw at 10.00 am and comes back around 5 pm. Admission free.
• The house is open for small groups of visitors (a maximum of 16 persons per group). However, due to issues of conservation, no more than 9 people are allowed inside the house at any given time.
• The tours are free of charge, but anyone willing to participate must register by filling out the form available on the Museum’s webpage. Applications are processed in the order they are received.
• The application form is posted on the Museum’s website one week before the event. Only one person can register at a time, by providing full contact information (telephone no., and e-mail address). Registering multiple persons in a single form will result in its cancellation.
• Registration is confirmed via e-mail by the Museum’s employees. All those on the reserve list will be notified about any openings.
• The trip lasts for 7 hours, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Museum provides transportation from and back to Warsaw, a guided tour, NWW (accident insurance), and warm beverages.
• The tour is held in Polish. Translation into English or the Polish Sign Language available if needed. Please request a translation into these languages after receiving a booking confirmation of your place on the tour.