EXCURSION TO THE HANSENS’ HOUSE
Photo by Jakub Certowicz
We would like to invite you to the second trip to Oskar and Zofia Hansens’ House in Szumin this season.
The small house, under the care of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, is a spatial manifesto of the Open Form, which was at the centre of Hansen’s architecture, artistic, and didactic work. The unique atmosphere of the house stems from traces of activities and passion of its inhabitants, such as didactic instruments used for learning the fundamentals of composition; a steel structure from the 1977 Venice Bienniale, covered in grapevine; and a wooden dovecote, which, as Zofia Hansen half-jokingly claimed, was the perfect work of her husband.
The House is the only Polish building on the prestigious Iconic Houses Network.
In order to ensure health and safety of both the Museum staff and visitors, we are introducing new rules:
- You can visit the House individually or in small groups (no more than 5 visitors at a time).
- You need to get there on your own (suggested journey: train from Warszawa Wileńska to Łochów, then bike).
- In order to visit the House, you need to fill in the form available on the Museum’s website. The number of visitors is limited and will be decided on a “first come, first served” basis.
- Admission fee is PLN 20.00, concessions: PLN 10.00.
- Tickets can be purchased at the Museum on the Vistula. All details will be provided by the Museum after you sign up for the trip.
- The submission form is published on Monday at 12 pm, two weeks prior to the event.
- If you decide to use your own transport, you can claim only one vehicle and no more than 5 visitors in the submission form. You are also required to provide full contact details (phone and e-mail).
- Your booking will be confirmed via e-mail.
- If you end up on the waiting list, we will let you know if someone drops out.
- By signing up and participating in the trip, you accept the Rules and Regulations of the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw, where detailed booking terms and conditions are provided.
In 2020, the Hansens’ house will be available to the visitors on the following dates: July 26, August 2, 16, and 23.
Detailed visiting information and current sanitary guidelines are available on the Museum website.
As of the 2nd of July 2020, there is a Representative for Epidemiological Safety working at the Museum of Modern Art in Warsaw. Should you have any queries regarding the rules of safe visiting and participating in the Museum Events, you can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.